With KaDeck 1.4 we are introducing a new product line up consisting of an overhauled KaDeck Community edition, a new KaDeck Professional edition and an updated KaDeck Enterprise version.
KaDeck Community is our free version to get you started quickly developing and testing on your local machine. It allows for connecting to one local cluster and includes the new embedded cluster functionality, which lets you start a local broker directly in KaDeck.
KaDeck Professional is our version for professional developers who need advanced features and the ability to connect to a remote Apache Kafka cluster. KaDeck Professional includes new security features, creating views, adding data attributes as columns, unlimited filtering capabilities, the ability to write and load your own custom codecs for data consumption and ingestion and much more…
KaDeck Enterprise is your central data hub, the heart of your data pipelines, and integrates seamlessly into your infrastructure. Collaboration and security functionalities such as user roles and access management lets all stakeholders work efficiently together. Learn more
For users of the old KaDeck Community Edition Legacy, please read our upgrade notes.
- Create multiple views
- Introducing column views: add data object attributes as columns for a better overview
- Write your own custom codecs for data consumption and data ingestion
- Embedded cluster functionality: start a Kafka broker directly in KaDeck
- Fully overhauled server browser screen
- Support for SASL mechanism scram
- Support for secured Schema Registry (Basic & Bearer)
- New support center
- Many bug fixes for the server and record browser screen
- Download a new update directly from the update dialog
- Ingesting the first record if topic is empty is now possible
- Internal redesign of the consumption layer
- Export data sets to CSV (Enterprise Edition only)
Our new KaDeck Community edition provides an easy way to locally develop and test your Apache Kafka applications. Features for this purpose, such as the new embedded cluster functionality, were therefore added. However, connections to remote clusters are no longer supported. When upgrading to the new KaDeck Community edition no data will be lost. To be able to use your remote broker configurations, you must upgrade to our new Professional edition. The Professional edition is fully compatible and has many new features to make you more productive.
The old KaDeck Community edition will automatically stop working in the end of November 2019. Read our EOL notice.